We tried out a dozen different activity books with kids aged from preschool to second grade. We were looking for quality activities that were both fun and educational—coloring, tracing, mazes, counting and more.
Busy Hands Books’ Jumbo Activity Book took the prize as best activity book overall for its sheer variety. Here’s more:
What We Liked
• Easy to adapt for different ages.
• Gender neutral. This book is great for boys or girls.
• Widest variety of activities, from drawing to counting, matching to tracing.
What Needs Work
• No color—this book is just black and white text. We didn’t have a problem with this, but we know some folks are looking for full-color activity books.
• No perforations. You can’t easily tear out these pages to hang them up.
• Thin stock = don’t use markers. This activity book’s thin paper is see through—it is best not to use markers for coloring, as that could bleed through to the opposite page.