Every nursing mom is different and we know a good number of folks just need a thinner pad for low to moderate leakage. In that case, we’d recommend Medela’s Safe & Dry pads. These are “ultra thin” but still get the job done. Here’s more:
What We Liked
• Adhesive works well. As we mentioned, the adhesive with our top pick, Lansinoh was underwhelming. So if you need a pad to stay put, Medela is a better choice.
• Flexible leak guard prevents leaks from the side of the pad. This was impressive in our testing.
• Affordable. And super absorbent.
What Needs Work
• Bulkier than expected. A few critics note although these pads are supposed to be ultra thin, they were bulkier than folks expected. We see that point, but still would recommend them.
• Adhesive sometimes worked too well. We see reports that the pad can leave adhesive on your bra.