Traditional trampolines are fun, but they have one major flaw: the black surface gets very hot in the summer sun.
To the rescue comes the trampoline sprinkler: this water hose is designed to attach around a trampoline’s safety netting. Water jets cool off the air on and around the trampoline—prefect for summer fun.
One word of caution: always turn on the water SLOWLY when you first use the sprinkler. That’s because high water pressure can damage or bust the sprinkler lines. Since every home has different levels of water pressure, it’s wise to start off low and slowly raise the water level.
We surveyed the readers of our parenting books to find the best sprinklers for trampoline. Then we spent 7 hours comparing their recommendations, looking for the best quality and value.
As a result, we decided to pick Thrill Zoo’s Trampoline Waterpark Heavy Duty Sprinkler Hose as the best overall trampoline sprinkler. Here’s why
What We Liked
• Double-walled hose is mark of good quality. Less expensive trampoline sprinklers have less robust tubing,
• Easy to use—attach to hose and poof! Waterpark here you go.
• White stripe helps you locate which part sprays the water, so you can set it up correctly.
• Attaches to safety netting that comes with most trampolines.
• Brass hose fittings.
What Needs Work
• Can tear trampoline net if kids are overzealous on the bouncing. Adult supervision is probably a smart thing to do here.
• Water can damage trampoline if allowed to sit. It’s best to towel off the trampoline pad and surface when you are done—pooled water can damage the trampoline, if not careful.