When you talk to parents about the best snowboots, the same brand name comes up over and over again: Bogs. These boots have legions of fans, thanks to the brand’s obsessive focus on quality and design. And yes, they are quite pricey. But if you want to splurge on a gift for a friend (or just live somewhere with long winters), these boots are a great investment.
What We Liked
• Rubber sole and waterproof uppers. These are serious boots, compared to less expensive options with synthetic treads.
• Super warm, but not heavy. The “Neo Tech” insulation really keeps feet warm, even if temps are close to zero.
• Handles to help putting them on.
• Durable. These boots can easily be handed down to siblings or friends.
• Wide variety of prints/colors, including favorites with dinosaurs and unicorns!
What’s Needs Work
• Expensive. And because these boots don’t have hook/loop closures or drawstrings, you have to get the fit just right since you can’t adjust them to be bigger/smaller.
• Different colors have different lengths. Be careful when ordering—some styles are calf-length while others are longer. Read measurements carefully!
• Snow can get in top. If you tuck snow pants into the top of these boots, snow and moisture can get it. A better bet is to put waterproof snow pants on top of the boots.
• Fashion is hit or miss. While our testers loved Bogs cute patterns, others thought these boots aren’t as cute as other options out there.