One popular suggestion among our parent readers for wall sconces is the gooseneck, farmhouse-look—after looking at several options in this genre, we decided Larkar’s Dimmable Vintage Wall Lamp is the best bet for most folks.
We liked the dimmer switch on this lamp—easy to reach from a bed, for example.
What We Liked
• Nice overall fit and finish.
• Dimmer switch on cord.
• White interior of the shade reflects more light.
• Can be hardwired or use the cord.
• Easy to install.
What Needs Work
• Cord is on the short side. At just under six feet, we wish the cord was a few feet longer.
• Not everyone likes the dimmer switch location. It’s hard to hid, says some folks.
• Lamp angle isn’t adjustable. If that’s important, consider the next pick.