Let’s talk mini humidifiers.
We define small or mini humidifiers as those that hold less than one liter of water. Many are USB-powered—that enables you to use it in a vehicle or other travel situation. Others are designed as desk humidifiers.
We tried out several models of these small humidifiers, both on a desk and in a vehicle. We looked for ease of use and how quiet they were.
For the best portable humidifier, we decided this model by Hiskfun is the best bet for most folks. We liked the two levels of mist and built-in nightlight. Here’s more:
What We Liked
• Compact, cute design. This humidifier is about 5″ tall and 3″ wide.
• LED night light.
• USB power supply—great for travel or in-car use.
• Easy to use—just one button controls all the functions.
• Two modes: continuous spray or a spray every three seconds.
What Needs Work
• Mist volume could be greater. While we thought the mist level was adequate, we see reports from others who wished it put out more volume.
• 300 ml capacity = doesn’t last long before needing to be refilled. We got about 3.5 hours of use in continuous mode (the maker claims it can last 4 hours). Your mileage may vary depending on how dry the environment is.
• Filter (a cotton tube) must be replaced occasionally.