Let’s talk light boxes for tracing.
The best light boxes have flicker-free lights and large surface area (edge-to-edge). Yes, most light boxes are A4 compatible (A4 is a paper size, 8.3″ x 11.7″). But some offer more area than others, based on our hands-on evaluation of popular light boxes sold today.
For the best light box for tracing, we recommend Feir’s A4 Tracing Light Box. It came out on tops in terms of quality and features. Here’s more:
What We Liked
• Excellent for stenciling, embossing and sketching.
• Portable and lightweight. At 1.4 lbs., this light box weighed less than others we researched.
• Variable light option.
• Flicker free light.
• Very bright!
• Easy to use.
• USB powered (cord and plug are included).
What Needs Work
• A clip to hold paper still would be a nice addition to this model. (You can use painter’s tape as a substitute).
• Adjustable brightness button is too sensitive. Slightly brush the button and it can turn the unit off or change the brightness.