Hygrometer is the fancy word for humidity gauge. The best hygrometer is both accurate and easy to read—and if you need track humidity over time in a greenhouse, you may also want a smartphone-app enabled model.
For most folks, however, we think an easy to read hygrometer is the best bet. After trying out several models, we pick ThermoPro’s TP50 as the best bet for most folks.
What We Liked
• LARGE display of humidity reading at top of display.
• Emoji-like symbols give quick reading on comfort levels (dry, comfort, wet).
• Easy to move from room to room.
• Very good accuracy.
• Display can stand on a table (thanks to kickstand) or a magnet mounts it to a metal surface.
• 2.7″ display is visible from many angles.
• Displays both all-time high and low humidity and temps.
What Needs Work
• Indoor only. No, this hygrometer isn’t weatherized, so it can’t be used outside.
• No backlight.
• Large sensor may be too big to fit in a humidor or guitar case. For those needs, we’d suggest this next recommendation.