How do you shop for the best heat press for custom t-shirts?
We asked heat press enthusiasts among our readers for their advice. We learned there are two basic groups of folks who love these machines: those crafty people who love customizing gifts for friends. And then there are folks who view a heat press machine as a great side hustle . . . starting a small business making custom t-shirts.
In its simplest form, a heat press is basically a large iron—with a key difference. Heat press machines let you dial exact pressure . . . and that makes the difference how the final product turns out.
Of course, some heat press machines can get rather complicated with all sorts of settings. If you are custom t-shirt curious and want something that is easy for beginners, we’d suggest Fancierstudio’s Power Heat Press.
We found this simple model to be less intimidating than others we researched (and it was recommended by our readers)
What We Liked
• Adjustable pressure is easy to dial in.
• Works up to 699 degrees—great for thicker fabric.
• Simple controls with digital time and temperature.
• Large 15 x 15 press sheet is included.
What Needs Work
• Instructions could be somewhat clearer. We found the instructions for this heat press to be a bit vague—it may take some trial and error to get things just right.