Let’s talk safety goggles!
There are couple different styles of goggles that offer eye protection—which is best for you depends how much eye protection you need.
Snorkel-mask style goggles seal around the eyes and offer perhaps the best protection for lab work, mechanics or wood working.
One advantage to this style: they work OVER prescription or reading glasses.
Other models reviewed in this article are goggles that resemble those used by swimmers—instead of a single pane lens, these have two individual lenses. No, they aren’t designed for the pool . . . but look much the same. Some folks find these more comfortable. But they won’t work with prescription glasses.
We tried out several different styles—and yes, some were more comfortable than others. For the best eye protection goggle, we will recommend Hand2mind’s single lens style goggle. Here’s why:
What We Liked
• Unobstructed view! That’s a big advantage of single lens design and these goggles are well designed.
• Fit over prescription glasses.
• Lightweight at 2.4 ounces. That made them more comfortable for longer-term wear, in our opinion.
• Good brand with emphasis on learn-at-home tools, kits and other educational products.
• Adjustable elastic strap.
• Flexible rubbery-like material contacts with face. We found it to be most comfortable.
What Needs Work
• Fog? Yes, these masks can fog up, when used for a long period of time, according to some online reports. We didn’t have that issue, but we did try them out here at the mothership in Colorado—which doesn’t have much humidity.
• Good for teens and adults, less so for younger kiddos. That’s our opinion, based on the goggles’ overall size.