No one would confuse freeze dried ice cream with health food—most of the brands we tried had artificial coloring, flavoring and high fructose corn syrup.
That’s why we were happy to find one brand that aimed for a cleaner, more natural approach to freeze dried ice cream: COSMIK. It’s still ice cream—and quite yummy—but aims a bit higher in the quality of ingredients. Here’s more:
What We Liked
• Loved the overall taste and texture,
• Some organic ingredients: organic cream, organic sugar, organic skim milk, organic wheat flour.
• No GMO’s.
• No artificial ingredients.
• No high fructose corn syrup.
What Needs Work
• More fat (9 grams) compared to other brands. Well, that explains why it tastes so good.
• Broken chunks. This freeze dried ice cream is intentionally broken into chunks—this turned off a few of our testers, who preferred a whole bar.
• Allergy alert: dairy, soy, wheat—made in a facility that processes peanuts, milk, soy, wheat and tree nut ingredients.
• Not as creamy as other brands. We still liked it overall, but the mouth feel isn’t quite as good as LuvyDuvy brand reviewed above.