We love decorating eggs for celebrations . . . but let’s be honest: egg dye kits can get messy fast—especially when little kiddos are involved. For an alternative, we’d recommend this idea: the Original EggMazing Decorator Kit.
Instead of dye tablets, you use markers to “dye” the eggs—and the kit includes a battery-operated tray that spins the egg. Hold the marker to the part of the egg you want to color and poof! Decorating eggs without the mess. Very clever.
What We Liked
• Easy to use.
• Less messy than traditional dye kits.
• Tip: use rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover to clean the spinner between eggs.
• Best when using eggs at room temperatures (the markers don’t work as well on cold surfaces).
What Needs Work
• Adult supervision needed.
• Batteries can be used up quickly!
• Can’t eat decorated eggs, says maker.
• Cleaning spinner between eggs is a bit of a hassle. If you don’t clean between eggs, some color will transfer to new eggs.