Sometimes, simpler is better.
Take humidifiers for example. Yes, you can buy models with a dozen settings, with lots of bells and whistles (essential oil diffusers, etc.). But what most folks just need is a simple humidifier that does adds humidity to a bedroom, office or living space.
You can’t get any simpler than the controls on this humidifier—it basically has an on/off button and a high/low setting. That’s it.
We liked this humidifier for its no-nonsense design. You fill it with water, turn it on and it just works. Here’s more:
What We Liked
• Integrated night light. This is great for bedrooms where you need a night light.
• Includes cleaning brush.
• 1.5 liter tank gives about 12 hours of mist on low (according to our hands-on test) and about half that on the high setting.
• Good quality overall.
What Needs Work
• Small capacity tank doesn’t last through the entire night (when on high setting). So perhaps if you live in a very dry climate, this isn’t the best choice. On the other hand, for more moderate climates, the low setting will work for an entire night.
• Fill port could be larger.
• No carry handle on tank.
• More challenging to clean than others we tested. If you can, we recommend using distilled water in this humidifier.
• Top heavy. This model has a somewhat narrow base—which means it can possibly tip over when bumped. As a result, this probably isn’t the best bet in a kid’s bedroom. But if you’re careful, it works well in other bedrooms.