Let’s be honest: most baby bottle brushes only last for a few weeks . . . or a month at best. If you are looking for something more durable, we’d suggest OXO Tot’s Bottle Brush.
OXO Tot is ubiquitous in the kitchen gadget arena, so it’s no surprise their baby bottle brush is a popular choice of many parents we interviewed. And when we put it through its paces, we thought it was excellent.
What We Liked
• Excellent cleaning. The overall cleaning job was great–it worked in most bottles including water bottles, unless the mouth is super narrow.
• Long, grippy handle. The soft, grippy handle made it easy to apply pressure to dried-on milk.
• Sturdy base.
• Separate nipple brush with bristles that screws into handle (not just plastic ridges like Mama Bear and Dr. Brown’s).
What Needs Work
• Nipple brush isn’t a fan favorite. It’s a great idea and it cleverly screws into the handle, but our readers told us it broke too easily and was too short for some longer nipples. We confirmed this with our testing.
• Base collects water. You have to drain the base and frequently wash its two parts to avoid mold. That’s more washing than we think a baby bottle brush should require.
• Not clear if it is dishwasher safe. Oddly, this isn’t anywhere on the package that we purchased. It should be alright for top racks of dishwashers, in our opinion based on our testing.
Despite these issues, we like the OXO Tot bottle brush. It cleaned just as well as our top pick—but the extra cleaning with the base and the fragile/short nipple brush takes this one down a notch.