After trying out a dozen different baby bath tubs, we think the First Year’s Sure Comfort is the best bet for most folks.
This affordable simple tub is designed to grow with baby. It includes a sling to better fit a newborn. The sling can later be removed for older babies and toddlers. The tub has padding attached directly to the tub for older babies.
Once your child is sitting up, flip the tub from the reclined side to the straight back side.
Here’s more on why this one is a top pick:
What We Liked
• Adjustable mesh sling for newborns. You’d think this would be a standard feature for baby bath tubs—after all, newborns need more support. Surprisingly, it is not as common as you’d think! We like that this tub has it.
• Easy to use and clean.
• Fits in most large kitchen sinks. That’s a nice height to give baby a bath!
• Sling is machine washable and dryable.
• Toy compartment.
What Needs Work
• Hard to drain. To drain this tub, you have to lift one end of the tub up—or turn it upside down.
• Sling is sometimes missing. The tub we purchased had a sling, but we see reports that, for some reason, others didn’t get a sling with their tub.
• Safety tag on sling isn’t comfortable. We know this tag has to be visible for safety, but it would be great if it were softer/more comfortable.